How Students Learn at SIS
By following the Common Core academic standards, students at Sias IS are being challenged to think critically and take ownership of their learning as they explore issues in real life contexts. Students are empowered to find their passions and interests through:
Units of Inquiry
- Nurtures passions and talents.
- Increases motivation and engagement.
- Allows the development of research skills.
- Fortifies the importance of asking questions.
- Students take ownership of their education.
Play Based Learning for the early years
- Process oriented
- Make believe
- Students work in small groups to discuss concepts or solve problems.
Leader in Me
- Everyone can be a leader.
- Change starts with me.
- Everyone has genius.
- Educators empower students to lead their own learning.
- Develop the whole person