Criteria for Admission
1. The applying student must carry a foreign passport or green card and be considered eligible for enrollment under Chinese law and regulations.
2. A student accepted by the school must demonstrate the capability to maintain normal progress in a university preparatory academic program.
3. The student must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English language to be able to access the curriculum. In some circumstances, the student will be admitted to English transition class and be admitted to regular study only after being assessed for his or her readiness.
4. The parent or guardian must be able to meet the financial obligations of the school.
5. All required documents and records must be presented at the time of admission. (See below checklist) Students who do not have all required records at the time of admissions will be placed on wait status until such time as the required records have been presented.
6. Students should have demonstrated strong academic achievement as well as a motivation to learn at the school. Students with discipline problems, low-grade averages, or any other situation which may interfere with a positive learning environment, will not be admitted.
English Language Requirements
For Kindergarten to Grade 2: A language and literacy interview or assessment test (depending on the grade) will be given to all students for whom English is an additional language to their first language.
For Grades 3-5: All students enrolling in Grades 3-5 will be expected to have sufficient knowledge of English to meet instructional demands. Students from Grades 3-5 will be required to take an English proficiency exam provided by Sias International School.
For Grades 6-and higher: All students enrolling in Grades 6 and higher will be expected to have sufficient knowledge of English to meet instructional demands. Students making application to Grades 6 and higher will be required to take an English proficiency exam and additional English language testing, both provided by Sias IS.