Lower Primary (Grades 1-2)
(IB)Lower Primary(Grades 1-2)
Term Of Employment: 2 years
Band: Teaching Faculty
Reporting Accountability: Principal
Scope of Responsibility
· Demonstrating sincere care for the personal and academic welfare of Sias IS students.
· Encouraging and modeling intercultural awareness and understanding with all members of the SIS community.
· Demonstrating self-motivation and willingness to assume responsibility and expend effort and energy beyond the typical school day.
· Providing competence in curriculum and instructional development.
· Practicing a wide variety of classroom and teaching strategies.
· Inspiring the best efforts and work of students by continually monitoring their work.
· Displaying competence in the use of information and communications technology and school-based software and hardware.
· Promoting good rapport with students, staff, parents, and the community.
· Using Sias IS’s performance appraisal system as a means to improve student learning by focusing on one’s professional development.
· Maintaining superior work attendance, including arriving at school before the start of the school day to be present with the students as they arrive each morning and remaining at the school at the end of each afternoon to be available to them for individual or group consultations as necessary.
· Being prepared to undertake any other duties requested by the principal.
· Follow the Code of Conduct in the Child Protection Policy.
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree appropriate to the grade level and/or subject area;
· Recognized education degree or equivalent from an accredited university or equivalent teacher training institute;
· Teaching license (certificate) issued by an accredited governing body for teachers or an equivalent qualification as determined by the Principal;
· Teaching experience in accredited schools offering inquiry-based programs will be considered a strong asset.
· Personal qualities associated with Sias IS school-wide learner outcomes.
Sias IS is committed to the protection of all children and young people from harm. Belief in and alignment with Sias IS beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.