(IB MYP) Math
Term of Employment: 2 years
Band: Teaching Faculty
Reporting Accountability: IB MYP Coordinator
Scope of Responsibility:
As a IB MYP math teacher, you will be required to deliver lessons that develop students' theoretical and applied mathematical skills. You will also be responsible for assigning homework, grading assignments and quizzes, and documenting students' progress.
To be successful as a math teacher, you should possess a thorough understanding of effective teaching practices. Our ideal candidate will be able to create a stimulating learning environment that is sensitive to students' psychosocial needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate students' understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Preparing and distributing learning material such as notes, assignments, and quizzes.
- Sourcing the resources and supplies needed for lessons.
- Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning.
- Grading assignments in a timely manner.
- Invigilating quizzes and final examinations.
- Documenting and reporting on students' progress.
- Utilizing Managebac for student reporting and planning Units of Inquiry.
- Ensure your pupils achieve learning outcomes that are above average in the subject of mathematics by instructing students in a clear, concise and fun way, and regularly preparing lesson plans that are engaging and incorporate the curriculum.
- Incorporate the school’s objectives into your curriculum by remaining up to date with mission and initiatives.
- Attend staff development days to improve your skills and receive help and feedback from colleagues.
- Regularly communicate with parents and legal guardians regarding child’s performance, track and record student progress and keep records up to date for progress reports and report card conferences.
- Review curriculum needs and execute plans for improvement and provide tutoring and additional support.
- Attend school events to better understand student interest and personalities outside of the regular classroom, build strong relationships with your students and aid in the strengthening of their self-confidence while inspiring them to achieve high goals.
- Design engaging Units of Inquiry in coordination with Grade level teams and MYP Coordinator
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree and above from an accredited college or university in education or related field.
- Expertise and thorough understanding in the field of mathematics practises.
- Proven experience teaching in a classroom environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff and colleagues.
- Organized, flexible disposition, and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school and culture setting of Sias IS.
- Organization and communication skills.
- IB MYP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards preferred.