Term of Employment: 2 years
Band: Teaching Faculty
Reporting Accountability: Curriculum Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
The Performing Arts teacher’s responsibilities fall under 3 categories: teaching, producing theatrical and community events and supporting/building the school culture.
- Develop and teach Sisa IS’s Performing Arts musical theatre curriculum which involves music, acting and movement.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet grade level performing arts standards.
- Collaborate with our Performing Arts Team in curriculum development process.
- Direct and produce school productions annually.
- Adapt scripts annually.
- Create or order costumes, sets, props when needed.
- Assign and label all costumes for each performance, adapt costumes to each class (which changes annually and per show).
- Supervise and craft production elements such as lights, sound, set.
School Culture and Daily School Activities:
- Produce and oversee the school’s performances. This involves organizing all traffic patterns, chants, cheers, drummers, mascots, flags, working with principal to rehearse and prepare all students.
- Assist around the school when not teaching if needed.
- Share responsibility for grade-level and school-wide activities.
- Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings if requested.
- Musical theater skills (singing, acting and moving) and ability to model all 3 content areas
- Some production skills preferred such as producing, playwriting, directing, or technical support.
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree and above is preferred.
- Professional experience on stage is preferred.
- Strong desire to teach in an urban public school or charter school setting.
- Willingness to collaborate and teach under Sias IS instructions guidance.
Belief in and alignment with Sias IS beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.