Term of Employment: 2 years
Band: Teaching Faculty
Reporting Accountability: Primary Principal
Scope of Responsibility:
We are looking for a teacher who can inspire children to achieve well in the subject and also to enjoy being physically active.
- Be a role model for students in physical health and sports, inspiring them to be actively interested in the subject of PE.
- Make an impact on the experience young people receive through PE and sport.
- Ensure lessons are planned in accordance with departmental scheme of work.
- Assess, record, report on progress / attainment of students.
- Prioritise and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in-line with the role.
- Contribute to a full and extensive extracurricular programme.
- Manage, coach and officiate sport teams.
- Teach according to students’ educational needs.
- Have a clear vision / focus.
- Be passionate about the subject and communicate well with young people.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with school procedures.
- Ensure a high quality learning environment.
- Act within the school framework, which sets out the teacher’s professional duties and responsibilities which uses for guidance purposes only.
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Students:
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students that you are responsible for.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection,health, safety and security
Sharing information/Multi-agency working:
- Maintain positive links with local clubs, schools and organisations and provide professional and up-to-date physical health advice for students as per needed.
- Contribute to the school’s promotion and organisation of the ‘Annual/Semesterly School Games/Events’.
- Help support our ASA programme and school duties.
- To work with the HoS, Curriculum Coordinator and other colleagues to build positive working environment, and participate in professional development.
- To represent the school and communicate its values to a range of audiences.
- Work alongside colleagues in planning, adjusting and delivering learning activities.
- Attend and Support Parents Tea, Open Days, staff meetings and other events as appropriate.
- Master’s degree and above from an accredited college or university in education or related field.
- Expertise and thorough understanding in the field of PE practises.
- Proven experience teaching in a classroom environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff and colleagues.
- Organized, flexible disposition, and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school and culture setting of Sias IS.
- Organization and communication skills.
- IB MYP experience preferred.